The members of the Forbes Agency Council shared their top trends for digital marketing in 2018. The list:
- Augmented Reality Integrated Through Social Media
- Collapse of the Influencer Market
- True Understanding of Customer Journey
- More Targeted Ads with Specific Purpose
- Professional Live Video
- Conversational User Interfaces
- Video Marketing
- Personalization Along All Stages of the Sales Funnel
- Contextual Targeting Strategies
- Cost Per Experiment as a Leading Metric
- Native Advertising
- Digital Integrated into Offline Experiences
- Voice Marketing
- Predictive Algorithms
- Different Kind of Content Marketing
We should welcome the collapse of the influencer market, given the many headaches that brands have had dealing with personalities who turned out to be anti-Semitic, racist, sexist and so on.
Seeing video evolve into more professional scripting, shoots and editing will help our companies shine and allow viewers to watch without distracting technical problems or incoherent messages.
Voice marketing gives us new opportunities to reach customers wherever they use audio commands, from smartphones and smart speakers (Amazon Echo and Google Home) to cars and appliances.
It’s going to be a great year for marketers who test these trends and find better ways to connect with their audiences.
Which tactic will you follow in 2018?
And which topic would you like to see our speakers discuss at Y’all Connect?
Share your thoughts in the comments.